PROGRAMME REGISTRATION PROCEDURE AND PAYMENT MODE
To apply for study in CQ TEC College a member of the CQ Breyer Group of Colleges, the procedures are as follows:
Students are advised to furnish their academic results and indicate their programme preferences for initial inquiry. This is done by submitting the duly completed JPK Application form with the application handling fees of USD 100 and Student pass application fee package of RM 1870 that includes insurance and medical examination.
Fill in a copy of the JPK Application form, which is obtainable from CQ Tec College, Sri Gombak or downloadable from Skills Invite website.
• The Application form must be accompanied by the following:
- (a) A duly completed JPK application form for course at CQ TEC College;
- (b) Certified true copy of results and transcript of the High School or Secondary School. Please include the English translation if it is in a different language)
- (c) One copy of the latest passport (all pages, including blank pages)
- (d) 3 photocopies of the details page of your passport.
- (e) 7 copies of passport-sized photographs with blue background only.
- (f) Health examination report.
- (g) The international student fees of RM1870 and Application handling fees of USD 100 only..
From 1 January 2009, all international students applying for a programme of study in Malaysia must be certified to be in good health condition before they can be admitted. Thus, a health examination report must be completed by the doctor performing the examination, using the prescribed form obtainable from CQ TEC College, Sri Gombak.
(All documents and application form must reach the CQ TEC College International Student Office at least 8 weeks before the commencement of the course.)
Upon receipt of the application form, the necessary documents and payment, the application will be processed by the International Student Office of CQ TEC College. The college will then submit the application to the Department of Skills Development (JPK) of the Ministry of Human Resources for their approval.
Once JPK has approved the application, the college will then apply to the Malaysian Immigration Department for approval and issuance of a student pass. When the immigration department has approved the application and issued the the student pass, and the Visa Approval letter, the college will issue an offer letter with details of visa approval, The student must then proceed to forward the registration fees of USD250 (includes airport pickup) and the 1st years tuition fees as per the course applied for. If student needs accommodation, the student should also forward 3 months deposit for booking of hostel.
STEP 5 :
Upon receipt of payment, the college will courier or post the Student pass and Visa Approval Letter along with the Arrival details form to the student. The student shall then make his/her travel plans to Malaysia by contacting the Malaysian High Commission in their country of origin for their entry visa.
STEP 6 :
For airport pickup, students must fax the completed Arrival Details Form at least 5 working days in advance to the CQ TEC College International Student Office. Please note that it is mandatory for international students to be picked up by the college of study. A representative of CQ TEC College is required by the immigration department to receive the student at the immigration check point if the point of entry is the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) or the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT). The airport immigration officer will NOT allow the student to enter Malaysia without the assistance of a staff from CQ TEC College. Approved letter from the Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran is insufficient.
Upon arrival, the college representative will take charge of the International student and proceed to get the Student Visa sticker affixed into the Student’s passport.
STEP 7 :
The representative of the college will then ensure that the student is placed in the approved accommodation premise and conduct a college briefing on all procedures and rules. The student will then submit all outstanding documents along with the duly completed registration form to the College office for Final registration.
List of forms:
a. Banker’s cheque/ draft ( all drafts and cheques to be made in favour of :
“ CQ TEC SDN BHD“
for registration at CQ BREYER COLLEGE (Batu Caves)
b. Internet banking / bank in / telegraphic transfer into the following accounts:
|CQ BREYER COLLEGE (Batu Caves)|
|College Address||No 1C, Jalan SG 3/19, Taman Sri Gombak, 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor D.E. Malaysia.|
|Contact No.||Tel.No: +603-6185 4643 Fax No: +603-6185 5643 email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Name of Account||CQ TEC SDN BHD|
|Account no.||CIMB 12230011190056|
|Bank Address||No 1C, Jalan SG 3/19, Taman Sri Gombak , 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor ,|
If applicants have applied to other education institutions in Malaysia before, they will need to provide supporting documents to process their application.
Upon receiving the letter of Offer from CQ TEC College, students will need to ask for the following documents from the previous college or institution. These documents should be completed within a week to minimize delay in the process.
- 1. Release letter from the previous college or institution.
- 2. Attendance Report
- 3. Copy of the latest passport (all pages including blank pages). The passport must have minimum one year validity,
- 4. Copy of the latest student Pass / Visa from the previous college or institution.
- 5. Copies of all academic qualifications (High/secondary school/institution)
- 6. Copies of all results obtained from the previous college or institution.
- 7. Letter of Justification- reasons for transfer- to be written by student.
Documents No.1 to No.7 must be signed by the Chief executive or PPB or authorized signatory of the previous college or institution. Students are not allowed to attend classes at CQ TEC College prior to getting approval from the relevant ministry or department.
IMPORTANT CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
International student Charge
An international student charge of RM 1870 (USD 550) is compulsory for all international students who do not hold a Malaysian IC or Malaysian passport, and is non refundable. This amount does not include the levy charged by the Malaysian Immigration Department for Student Pass or Visa. For the refund policy of course fees, please refer to the conditions of Enrolment.
Attendance & Expulsion
Regular attendance is compulsory. It is a regulation of the Malaysian Ministry of Human Resource and Immigration Department that a student who is absent for 3 consecutive days without valid reasons or prior permission has to be reported to the Malaysian Immigration Department. Action may be taken which can result in the revoking of the Student Pass. CQ TEC College reserves the right to expel students for serious breaches of discipline. Fees will not be refunded in such cases.
International Student Hospital and Surgical Insurance
This is compulsory for all International students and the premium is payable on a yearly basis. Students are required to renew their insurance policy upon expiration.
Student Pass, Visa & Immigration Levy
All international students are required to hold a Student Pass while studying at CQ TEC College. All levies charged by the Malaysian Immigration Department have to be borne by the student. Payment for levies should be made in cash to the International Student Officer when reporting to CQ TEC College to facilitate the endorsement of the Student Pass onto the passport.(included in RM1870)
All international students (Except P.R.China students) have to pay a personal bond, the amount which is fixed by the Malaysian Immigration Authority. Only those holding Diplomatic Passes are exempted from paying this bond.
Course fee payment should be made in Ringgit Malaysia. Payment can be in the form of cash, cheque, card, draft or telegraphic transfer. Payment should be made payable to:"CQ-TEC SDN BHD"
Note: Students holding a dependant pass are required to convert to a student pass while studying at CQ TEC College.
CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT
1. Fees for the academic year are as set out in the fees schedule.
2. Full settlement of the 1year (2 semesters) semester fees is required upon registration or by the intake date and the subsequent semester fees according to the due dates for subsequent semesters.
3. Fees paid are neither refundable nor transferable, except in the circumstances set out below and provided that a request in writing for such refund us received by the course director. Any refund of fees or part thereof is subject to the following:
- a. If a student withdraws from the course before the commencement of the semester, an amount not exceeding 70% of all fees (except Registration Fee & International Student Services Fees) paid is refundable..
- b. If a student withdraws from the course within the first two weeks, after the commencement of the semester, an amount not exceeding 50% of all fees (except Registration Fee and International Student Fees)is refundable;
- c. There will be no refund of fees if a student withdraws after the second week of the commencement of the semester;
- d. However, if a student is required to leave the course for national service because his request for national service deferment is denied, he /she will be eligible for a full refund of all fees.
- e. However, if a student is required to leave the course due to non fulfillment of entry requirements upon official announcement of examinations results, he/she will be eligible for a pro-rated refund of all fees except Registration Fee and International Student Fees
4. In the event that the college cannot accept a student for enrolment due to the fault of the college, all fees paid will be refunded in full.
5. Refunds will only be made in the name of the parent or guardian or sponsor declared in the registration form.
6. All refunds whether of fees, deposits or whatsoever payments, shall be free of interest and shall be subject to the right of set off by the college against any fees or whatsoever payment due and owing to the college.
7. For all semesters, all fees due must be paid fully before or by the starting date of the semester. An administrative charge of RM50 will be imposed commencing from the third week of the semester if the payment is not received by the specified due date for each week or part thereof delayed. The college reserves the right to review the status of the student and to take such necessary action as the college deems fit if payment is not received by the end of the fifth week of the semester. Such action may include barring from classes and facilities, suspension or termination of the student.
8. For inter programe transfers, an administrative charge of RM200 will be imposed except when the transfer is carried out before the semester commences for the first registered course. The amount of fees transferable to the new course is subject to the following:
- a. If inter programme transfer is carried out within the first month of the commencement of the semester, all fees paid are transferable to the new course.
- b. If inter programme transfer is carried out after the first month of the commencement of the semester but before the mid semester, only prorated tuition fees and 50% of all the other miscellaneous fees will be transferable to the new course.
- c. If inter programme transfer is carried out after the mid semester or after the completion of a semester, only registration fees will be transferable to the new course.
9. In the event that a student is expelled from the college or leaves the college due to disciplinary or academic misconduct, there shall be no refund of fees paid except refundable deposits.
10. Students must abide by all academic, administrative and examination rules and regulations and policies of the college.
11. The college reserves the right to use a student’s personal information in any publicity and/or promotion exercise of the college. The scope of usage of this information may include the publishing of good examination results, the award of a prize, or scholarship, any achievement, academic or otherwise and the granting of access to his/her information by college or Alumni association.
12. All claims for refunds shall be made within 1 year from the date the relevant student ceases to be a student of the college and thenceforth the right to so claim shall cease. The college shall be entitled to transfer the said money into a separate account/fund and apply the same to whatsoever purpose deemed fir by the college
For further info click on link : http://www.skillsmalaysiainvite.gov.my/guidelines